Mr. Ousaphea is a Partner and an Attorney at Law and member of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia. He was admitted to the Bar in 2019. Mr. Ousaphea is charge of the firm Real Estate and Construction practice and is a Senior Advisor to Banking and Finance Practice Group.
Prior to joining Sithisak Law Office, Mr. Ousaphea worked in ACLEDA Bank Plc. for more than 20 years. Within the last 4 years at the bank, he served as Senior Vice President and Head of Legal Division where he has gained in depth knowledge not only in various legal issues but also in the bank’s management in which he joint in planning, organizing, leading, controlling, and led in evaluating work performance in bank and its subsidiaries in both local and oversea in order to ensure a proper compliance with national and international law and regulations in banking and financial sector.
Mr. Ousaphea has extensive experiences in advising to both internal and inter-division of the bank on wide range of legal matters from drafting, reviewing several types of agreement in banking and financial sector, providing legal opinion related to corporate governance, corporate compliance, real estate and others financial and commercial related transactions. He also experienced in communication with external business partners, such as multinational lenders, in preparing major loan agreements, and in liaisons with several governmental authorities, particularly National Bank of Cambodia, Ministry of Commerce and others regulators in banking and financial sector.
Apart from serving as employee of the bank, Mr. Ousaphea also served as member of the Board of Directors of ASA, Plc., one of majority shareholders of ACELEDA Bank Plc. for more than 4 years.
At Sithisak, his focus in property law includes:
- Advising on matters pertaining to property development and construction of properties for residential and commercial purposes;
- Banking and finance matters relating to financing purchase of properties, bridging finance for property development and building construction, financing/refinancing for corporate restructuring;
Preparing and drafting real estate agreements, including sale-purchase of the property, commercial lease agreements, joint venture for real estate development, property holding agreements as well as all property related transactions.
- National University of Management of Cambodia (Master Degree of Management) (2009)
- Faculty of Law and Economic Science of Cambodia (Bachelor Degree of Law) in the field of Public Law (1999)
- High School Graduate (Svay Rieng High School, Svay Rieng Province) (1993)