Legal Update: Preventive measures against the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseasessithisak law
Issue: No. 016P/21 – 19 March 2021
In order to effectively control the Covid-19 situation, Law on preventive measures against the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases has been promulgated by Royal Krom No. NS/RKM/0321/004 dated 11th March 2021. Furthermore, Sub-decree No.37HNK.BK on Health measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases which will be used in conjunction with the above Law has already issued on 12th March 2021 as well.
The foresaid Law and Sub-decree aim to combat and prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases for the purposes of protecting people’s lives, public health, public order and minimizing the impact of contagious diseases on the social and economic sector in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Any person including private enterprise, establishment or business owner who infringe any health, administrative or other measures as stipulated in the above Law and Sub-decree shall be punishable. However, only punishment imposing to private enterprise, establishment or business owner in case of infringement are relevant for the purpose of this publication.
|Infringement of administrative measures (Article 4 of Law)|
Infringement of administrative measures such as restriction or prohibition of travel, restriction or prohibition of meeting and gathering of people which may cause the spread of Covid-19, prohibition or restriction on business operations or professional activities which are risky or the sources of the spread of Covid-19 and other administrative measures set forth by the competent authorities in order to combat and prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Suspension or revocation of the business license, certificate or permit
- Closure of business
|Mask wearing and Social Distancing Infringement (Article 6, 7 and 20 of Sub-decree)|
- Fail to follow the guideline for sanitation, temperature checking and mask wearing
- Fail to follow the guideline for social distancing
- 1st infringement: being warned and instructed by health officers or competent authorities
- Infringement from 2nd attempt: transactional fine from 2 million to 10 million
|Infringement of obligation to inform about avoiding or escaping from quarantine (Article 26 of Sub-decree)|
Infringement of all private health enterprise that do not immediately inform to Ministry of Health about any patients who are treating in its own enterprise about to avoid from quarantine or is escaping from quarantine venue.
- Transactional fine from 10 million to 50 million riel.
- “Law” refers to law on preventive measures against the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases.
- “Sub-decree” refers to Sub-decree on Health measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases
The article is merely for general information purposes. It does not constitute a legal advice on the subject matter. If you have any question or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (+855) 23 6373 168.
READ IN: PDF